locales settings

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Wed Jun 6 09:51:20 CEST 2007

Hi again,

Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> I haven't got a thing in my fai config space saying a thing about locales.
>
> I can let the messages go away by installing the locales packages and
> setting that locale as installed.  But that doesn't solve my question.
> Where is it set that the locale must be "en_US.UTF-8" ?

Solving this problem usually involves installing the package
language-pack-en
and generating the locale by
locale-gen en_US.UTF-8

I have found the locale under /etc/default/locale and /etc/environment.
Maybe you can change that to "C", but I don't know if that will cure all
your problems.

HTH

Carsten

PS: I hope that my mail transition is done now and only my past email
shows up 2 or three times. Sorry again.