New user do FAI

Jaime Ventura jaimeventura at ipp.pt
Tue Jun 5 13:29:05 CEST 2007

Hi.
I'm using fedora/kickstart for a long time, but now I will use debian/fai.
Sorry if any of my questions are dumb.
I was used to use only a boot  CD and a mirror accessed via FTP, with
all configurations on a single file.
But with FAI, things are a bit different. Although is more flexible, its
initial setup may be a bit tricky.
As far as I understood by reading the documentation, NFS is needed for
the initial system (kernel, fai,...) setup on the client (machine to be
installed), right?
If so, can I use other that NFS?
After initial system setup, how can the remaining data(packages,
scripts,... )  be transfered to the client? NFS also?

Thanks