automatic reboot?

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 13 23:36:17 CEST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl J. Van Arsdall" <cvanarsdall at mvista.com>
To: "John Heim" <jheim at math.wisc.edu>
Cc: <linux-fai at uni-koeln.de>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: automatic reboot?

> John Heim wrote:
>> I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I get a machine to
>> automatically reboot itself at the end of a FAI install?
>> flag_reboot=1
> I do it in the FAI_FLAGS that are passed in the pxe config.  Example:
>
> overlord:/srv/tftp/fai/pxelinux.cfg# cat x86_template
> # template generated by fai-chboot for host node-28 with IP 10.23.5.138
> from source /srv/tftp/fai/pxelinux.cfg/0A170589.disable
> # generated by fai-chboot for host node-27 with IP 10.23.5.137
> default fai-generated
>
> label fai-generated
> kernel vmlinuz-install
> append ip=dhcp FAI_ACTION=install FAI_FLAGS=reboot root=/dev/nfs

For the time being, I have to use a boot CD. But the dhcp.conf file says
this:

option FAI_FLAGS "verbose,createvt,sshd,reboot";

I don't know if that means anything. I didn't set up the dhcp server. The
guy who did doesn't work here any more.  But the other thing is that i'm
eventually going to need to set the reboot flag in a script depending on
user imput.  So even if I could get it to recognize the flag in the dhcp
settings, that's not really what I need.

PS: The main reason I have to use a boot CD is that I'm blind and I can't
easily config a BIOS.  I am hoping to find a solution for that eventually.