FAI kernels versus regular Debian kernels

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Jul 12 14:37:29 CEST 2007

Holger Levsen wrote:
> By now fai-kernels has been requested to be removed from unstable (and thus
> will not be part of lenny), as fai in svn works without fai-kernels (and with
> nfsroot-capable initrds).

In the meantime, I got this also working with fai 3.1.8 quite easily.
Have to document it sometime... basically just take the "normal" Etch
kernel and initrd (I got it working even without making a special
initrd!) and call fai-chboot with the "right" arguments to use that
initrd and image for some hosts. Needed this for installation of newer
thinkpads with e1000 NICs

Henning