Problem with e1000 driver

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Tue Jan 30 09:52:51 CET 2007

Yodel!

Using current fai kernel (fai-kernel 1.15 as well as self-compiled from
linux-source-2.6.18 2.6.18.dfsg.1-9), I can't boot boxes with e1000
ethernet: Message is "e1000_request_irq: Unable to allocate interrupt
Error: -38" as soon as IP-Config tries to initialise the interface.
Anybody came across this?

Latest Debian installer (etch rc1 businesscard) boots fine and can access
the net, but of course has e1000 modular and not in the kernel, and doesn't
use nfs root.  Is there a hack that'd allow me setting up nfs root from
initrd (can I boot through an initrd with PXE?)

Any ideas?

thanks
-- vbi

--
You can't judge a book by the way it wears its hair.