FAI cancel client install during HD partitioning.

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Tue Jan 16 11:37:41 CET 2007

Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > sfdisk: ERROR: sector 0 does not have an msdos signature
>     > /dev/cciss/c0d0: unrecognized partition table type
>     > No partitions found
> The problem is that your disk contains no (MSDOS) disk label. Most hard
> disks that you can buy are normally preformatted with an MSDOS disk
> label. You can create a disk label by running fdisk or cfdisk or
> parted once.
>
> fdisk /dev/cciss/c0d0
> then type:
>
>     > Probing disks:  /dev/cciss/c0d0
>     > Disks found:
> It's not  good that there's no disk name after "Disk found".

That is one of the problems I had with our HP servers. Some of those
machines weren't ship with msdos labels or any other labels...and
partitioning failes...

how could we come over this problem via fai?

if you need another disk label you have to set it via partition.$CLASS
anyways. And sfdisk is sometimes stupid for this.

Regards,

\sh