USB stick client for FAI install.

Wed Jan 3 21:56:35 CET 2007

    > I have several machines comming in that have no floppy and the motherboard
    > doesn't support PXE boot.
Really no PXE? IMO most new boards with onboard NIC's have PXE. But
anyway.

Currently, we can't create a bootable USB stick for FAI but maybe you
can put an image from rom-o-matic.net onto an USB stick.
Another option is to put only the kernel (and may a boot loader) onto
a USB stick which then mount the rest via NFS.

I think it should also be possible to create a boot floppy image using
make-fai-bootfloppy and put thisfloppy image via dd onto a USB stick.

In the next few month I like to work on booting FAI (completelty) from
USB stick.