[FAI] Install error

fcm2 at alu.um.es fcm2 at alu.um.es
Tue Jan 2 12:45:38 CET 2007

Michael Tautschnig <tautschn at model.in.tum.de> escribió:

That's so unusual!
The two anomalies I found are the main theme of theese mails, located
in "Calling task_instsoft" step, and this, at the end of the
installation:

Calling task_chboot
WARNING: rsh -l <user> <server> failed. Can't call fai-chboot on the
install server.

When the installation start, the directory /tmp in the chroot is almost
empty (there is only a file: /tmp/etc/resolv.conf). Well, after the
installation, there is a whole structure of directories like this,
+----/tmp/target/

   --- bin

   --- boot

   --- dev

   --- etc

So, durig the installation, the file system is not read-only. But after
that, if I make an apt-get updatem, I get an error: 30 Read Only file
system.

I think one possible sollution is to execute an apt-get before the
Calling task_instsoft step.. but I don't know hoy to do it.
What do you thik?

Thank you so much!
And congratulations for all the great job that make this tookit works.
Thank you!
Fernando.