Define FAI_CONFIG_SRC from dhcp info

Nicolas Courtel courtel at cena.fr
Tue Feb 6 19:52:25 CET 2007

Hello,

My FAI server (version 3.1.6 for Etch) is connected to several networks,
and has a different name on each network.
I have configured the DHCP server so that it sends the appropriate name
on each interface, and would like to do the same thing for the
FAI_CONFIG_SRC variable : I'm looking for an FAI variable which would be
set using the "server-name" dhcp variable, and could be used as the NFS
server in FAI_CONFIG_SRC.

I haven't found such a variable either in docs or scripts, could anyone
tell me if I have missed something, or if there's a another way to
dynamically set FAI_CONFIG_SRC?

Thanks,

--
Nicolas