NFS Error -93

Jesse Williams sporty_7 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 23:18:03 CEST 2007

So I've setup my fai server and when I attempt to
start an installation I get an NFS error when it tries
to mount the nfsroot.  The error looks something like
this:

IP-Config: Complete:
     device=eth1, addr=192.168.13.39,
mask=255.255.255.0,
     gw=192.168.13.1, host=tbone, domain=mydomain.com,

     nis-domain=(none), bootserver=192.168.13.38,
     rootserver=192.168.13.38,
rootpath=/repository/fai/nfsroot
Looking up port of RPC 100003/3 on 192.168.13.38
Looking up port of RPC 100005/3 on 192.168.13.38
Root-NFS: Server returned error -93 while mounting
/repository/fai/nfsroot
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
VFS: Cannot open root device "nfs" or
unknown-block(2,0)
Please append a correct "root" boot option.

I've tried searching the net to find out what error
-93 is, but I can't find anything anywhere.  Any
information or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Also this is a straight network install (no boot cd's
or boot floppy disks) on Dell PowerEdge servers.

Thanks