Errors while running fai-setup

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Aug 28 13:03:58 CEST 2007

    > I am not able to send it to the mailing list because of the size
    > limitation on the mailing list.
Yes, that's by intension. You may use paste.debian.net for pasting
longer log files.

Please. NO HTML mails!!! This is the reason why your mails are too
long.

    > I am attaching the output of make-fai-nfsroot -v
This is your problem when using FAI 3.2 on Ubuntu edgy:

> install_packages: reading config files from directory /etc/fai
> WARNING: These unknown packages are removed from the installation list: linux-image-486 live-initramfs unionfs-modules-2.6-486

The linux-image packages may have other names in ubuntu. I'm not sure
if live-initramfs is already available in Ubuntu. Tey to add this line
to your /etc/fai/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download etch koeln