use of aptitude instead of apt-get in FAI ?

Frédéric BOITEUX fboiteux at calistel.com
Thu Aug 23 11:37:23 CEST 2007

Le jeu 23 aoû 2007 11:27:31 CEST, Thomas Lange
<lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> a écrit :

>     >   I would like to use aptitude instead of apt-get during FAI packages
>     > installation (to have packages dependencies knowledge) : is it
>     > possible ?
> Yes. In FAI 3.2 install_packages -h will give you a list of all
> possible commands, that can be used after the PACKAGES keyword.
> For aptitude just write: PACKAGES aptitude
>
> But even apt-get will resolv package dependencies.

  I'm not sure I've well described my request : I don't only want to install aptitude during FAI installation, but also that FAI uses aptitude instead of apt-get to install all packages defined in packages/* files : is it possible ?
  About the package dependencies, aptitude marks packages installed as a dependance of other ones, and can later remove it automatically when all its requesters have been removed...

	Fred.