FAI 3.2 released

Per Foreby perf at ddg.lth.se
Wed Aug 22 17:41:17 CEST 2007

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Thomas Lange wrote:

>    > But make-fai-bootfloppy uses $NFSROOT/boot/vnlinu?-*. If that is a
>    > standard debian kernel it won't work without initramfs.
> Yes, and both won't fit onto a 1.4M floppy.

Thats true for the fai kernel as well. I have to use
"make-fai-bootfloppy -B". But by increasing $size further, it should be
possible to make initrd.img* fit, or am I wrong?

>    >> You can create a fai-cd that only includes the kernel and initrd and
>    >> modify the grub menu, to get the nfsroot via NFS.
>    > Do you meen that I should use -g to supply a menu.lst like the one
>    > make-fai-boot creates, and then use "-m /empty/dir"?
> Yes, give it a try. It will also put the config space and the nfsroot
> into this image.

Having the config space and the nfsroot on the CD is no problem as long
as it isn't used. But if I use this in menu.lst:

   ...  root=/dev/nfs ip=::::::dhcp  FAI_ACTION=install FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd

together with my current dhcp configuration:

   option root-path "/srv/fai/nfsroot,rsize=8192,...";

or maybe use nfsroot as a kernel parameter, the configuration on the CD
should be ignored.

The reason why I want this minimal boot-CD is to be able to change the
configuration without creating a new CD every time.

By the way, why does burniso() in fai-cd use cdrecord? Shouldn't it be
wodim these days?

/Per