FAI 3.2 released

Per Foreby perf at ddg.lth.se
Wed Aug 22 16:31:47 CEST 2007

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Holger Levsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 22 August 2007 15:04, Per Foreby wrote:
>> Will softupdate work if a use fai-client 3.2 against a 3.1.8 server?
>
> With softupdates you don't use a server - except one to hold the configuration
> files.

But the configuration from 3.1.8 might be missing something that the 3.2
client expects. And the configuartion path might be changed.

However, I gave it a try, and everything looks fine. When it comes to
the recently discussed bugs, fai 3.2 finds the old list of classes, so
-N is not mandatory any more, but /var/lib/fai/config is still not
unmounted.

/Per