softupdate needs -N

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 16 14:59:26 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 11:12:25AM +0200, Per Foreby wrote:
> In previous fai versions, softupdate worked without -N after a fresh
> install. In 3.1.8 "fai softupdate" gives me the following error:
>
>   Try to read classes from /var/log/fai/FAI_CLASSES. Failed. Aborting.
>
> Adding -N solved the problem, but I need -N each time I run softupdate.

I vote for renewing classes by default... thats what I have been always
doing when implementing softupdates; this also allows to add classes to
machines when softupdating (while there is no 'clean' way for
class-removal).

@Thomas: you mentioned some case where regenerating the class list may lead
         to problems as the reason to reuse the "old" classes... was that
		 in case of classes depending on the FAI-DHCP config or were there
		 other reasons?

--
c u
henning