softupdate needs -N

Per Foreby perf at ddg.lth.se
Wed Aug 15 19:05:38 CEST 2007

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Emil Gorter wrote:

> Hi Per,
>
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:12:25 +0200 (CEST),
> Per Foreby <perf at ddg.lth.se> wrote:
>>    Try to read classes from /var/log/fai/FAI_CLASSES. Failed. Aborting.
>
> I had the same in 3.1 on Ubuntu Edgy.  Solved it by just copying it
> over in a hook. Not pretty but it works for me:
>
> if [ -r $target/var/lib/fai/FAI_CLASSES ]
> then
>  mkdir -p $target/var/log/fai/
>  cp $target/var/lib/fai/FAI_CLASSES $target/var/log/fai/FAI_CLASSES
> elif [ -r /var/log/fai/current/FAI_CLASSES ]
> then
>  mkdir -p $target/var/log/fai/
>  cp /var/log/fai/current/FAI_CLASSES $target/var/log/fai/FAI_CLASSES
> else
>  echo "No FAI_CLASSES file found.."
> fi

I think I'll stich with using -N until this is fixed.

> And I'm seeing some other little problems with the softupdate:
>
> Configuration space x1.ripe.net://srv/fai/config mounted to /var/lib/fai/config
>  [...]
> Calling task_savelog
> umount: //fai: not found
> End of /usr/sbin/fai
>
> I need to do "umount /var/lib/fai/config" after the softupdate.

The problem seems to be that task_softupdate() tries to unmount $FAI
(set to FAI_CONFIGDIR in /usr/sbin/fai). So we try to unmont
/srv/fail/config when the actual mountpoint is /var/lib/fai/config.

I'll use "fai softupdate -N; umount //var/lib/fai/config" until this is
fixed.

> And the logs get saved to /var/log/fai/$HOSTNAME without the domain,
> while install logs get saved to /var/log/fai/$FQDN.  It would be nice
> to have them in the same place.

Don't have that problem. Maybe you're using different name services on
install/softupdate. Or some ubuntu problem (I'm installing etch).

/Per