softupdate needs -N

Per Foreby perf at ddg.lth.se
Wed Aug 15 11:12:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

posting here instead of filing a bug report since I don't know if this
is a bug or me doing something wrong.

In previous fai versions, softupdate worked without -N after a fresh
install. In 3.1.8 "fai softupdate" gives me the following error:

   Try to read classes from /var/log/fai/FAI_CLASSES. Failed. Aborting.

Adding -N solved the problem, but I need -N each time I run softupdate.

This looks suspect:

task_savelog() saves FAI_CLASSES in /var/lib/fai, but task_defclass()
looks for it i /var/log/fai (typo?).

My fai.conf looks like this (without the commented lines):

LOGUSER=fai
FAI_LOGPROTO=rsh
FAI_CONFIGDIR=/srv/fai/config
FAI_CONFIG_SRC=nfs://fenix$FAI_CONFIGDIR
MNTPOINT=/media/mirror
FAI=/var/lib/fai/config
monserver=fenix

/Per