grub problem

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Fri Aug 3 11:41:56 CEST 2007

Leif Tramann wrote:
> Sorry for not wrinting in english...
> (it seems to be an international comunity)

The list is dual-language by definition, so it's fine to post and reply
in german - but yes, it's generally better to use english language, so
more people understand and can help you.

> [...]
> error.log (last connfig):
> fai.log:/usr/lib/fai/get-boot-info: line 66: killall: command not found
> fai.log:mount: can't get address for coruscant
> fai.log:/usr/lib/fai/subroutines: line 219: rdate: command not found
> fai.log:Loading keymap(s) us-latin1 ...findkeymap: No such file or
> directory
> fai.log:WARNING: ssh -l fai bamboo failed. Can't call fai-chboot on the
> install server.
> shell.log:/var/lib/fai/config/files/boot/grub/menu.lst/postinst: line
> 13: grub-install: command not found
> shell.log:Can't open /tmp/target/boot/grub/device.map

There's something horribly wrong with your nfsroot - no wonder that
there is not grub installed fine after such an install. (this is not
necessarily your fault - let's see).

Which version of FAI are you using?
Could you please re-run make-fai-nfsroot with -v option, and look
exactly at what it is printing? (it sometimes exits O.K. but has major
error, I saw in the rhel-branch some days ago).

Henning