grub problem

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 3 10:25:44 CEST 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 09:49:04AM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> >     > OK. so i have one of the two problems:
> >     > 1.) my install image is broken
> >     > 2.) grub isn't installed (if it is not installed as default, how can i
> >     > specify to do so?)
> >
> >     > what do you think?
> > Read the log files. There you will find the cause why grub wasn't installed.
> >

> Hmm, don't his errors mean that grub-install isn't installed _in the NFSROOT_?
> At least, grub-install isn't in the PATH.

In my version of the menu.list postinst, grub-install is called with a
$ROOTCMD (i.e. chrooted into $target), which is IMHO also the only meaningfull
thing to do.

> Leif, please check your NFSROOT, in the logs that you posted there were also
> some more really unexpected errors. Just check, whether all the scripts/binaries
> that were reported in your error.log really aren't there.

better check software.log from the installation. I expect that either grub is
not in the client's packages-to-be-installed list or that some other error in
the apt call prevented grub from being installed.

--
c u
henning