script failed but no error message

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Sep 28 00:17:04 CEST 2006

On 9/27/06, Henning Sprang <henning_sprang at gmx.de> wrote:
> BTW, this is FAI 2.10.5 - I am working on using the mechanisms used in
> fai-multidistribution, but only using hooks and not changing the FAI
> code itself, to install etch from a sarge server to get testing
> installed from a stable server, for testing purposes.

BTW again: I am already there, apart from the other, rather cosmetic
error. I'll publish  the necessary configspace as soon as I cleaned it
up a bit, or somebody nags me to get it :)

I have also a new fai-distributions package, which is just for making
it easy to use multiple different debootstrap versions on one system.
Some might find it a bit dirty, but it works quite seamless by just
issuing a single command and is adjustable by config files - so
installing another debootstrap manually each time you need to make a
base image is  also a bit dirty compared to that.
It should not nbe hard to extend it to make non-debootstrap base
images, for example with rpmstrap or other stuff.

Henning