FAI 3.0 released

Wed Sep 27 19:47:33 CEST 2006

    > Maybe you have an idea about what might break, eg because you rely on
    > new Perl modules that only arrived after Sarge? Methinks whatever you
    > did to make it run on Etch should imho have given you an idea about
    > what was different on Sarge.
No special Perl modules are used in FAI, so this will not be an
problem when using FAI 3.0 with sarge, but there may be other issues.

You can install FAI 3.0 on a sarge install server without any problems
(I do this too). If you want to create the nfsroot, make sure you have
debootstrap >= 0.3 installed, not version 0.2.45 from sarge. This is
the only package you need for building and etch nfsroot.
Creating a sarge nfsroot with FAI 3.0 might not work. I recommend FAI
2.10.5 if you like to install sarge on your install clients using a
sarge nfsroot.

I hope that now all sarge/etch compability questions are solved.