Testing changes in FAI

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Thu Sep 21 04:23:55 CEST 2006

Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.Uni-Koeln.DE> writes:

>     > Is there currently a way to answering the question "What would FAI
>     > do?" for a given host *other* than actually FAI'ing that host?
> Maybe the new action in FAI 3 "dirinst" will help you most of
> all. There you can execute all parts of FAI (except for partitioning)
> and see what FAI is doing.

Hmm, certainly something to consider.

Thanks for all the responses.  It sounds like some of what I want is
there, and other parts are not and need to be developed.  Since we're
moving to 2.10 most likely, and (hopefully) starting that development
from scratch, we might be able to write the test framework in parallel
with the new fai config for our site.

If/when I come up with anything, I'll post here.  In the meantime,
feel free to poke me every now and then directly, since I don't
monitor this list very often.
--
Seeya,
Paul