your mail

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Wed Sep 6 15:30:23 CEST 2006

Hi!

Just a few notes: This list prefers English, even though many of the subscribers
do indeed speak german. AND PLEASE find a proper subject - mails without a
subject tend to be eaten by SPAM filters.

> Hallo
>
> ich hab ein Problem mit dem Erstellen von 'postgresql' als Paket
>
> #>cat /package_config/POSTGRESQL
>
> PACKAGE aptitude-r
>
> postgresql
> postgresql-client
>
> #>cat /debconf/POSTGRESQL
>
> postgresql      postgresql/initdb/location      string
> /var/lib/postgres/data
> postgresql      postgresql/upgrade/preserve_location    string  $PGDATA/..
> postgresql      postgresql/settings/day_month_order     select  European
> postgresql      postgresql/upgrade/policy       boolean true
> postgresql      postgresql/settings/locale      select  C
> postgresql      postgresql/enable_lang  boolean true
> postgresql      postgresql/purge_data_too       boolean false
> postgresql      postgresql/very_old_version_warning     boolean true
> postgresql      postgresql/upgrade/dump_location        string  $PGDATA/..
> # Should your missing postgresql.env configuration file be restored?
> postgresql-client       postgresql-client/missing-postgresql.env boolean
> true
> postgresql      postgresql/convert-pg_hba.conf  boolean true
> #>
>
> Postgres ist installiert aber nicht fertig konfiguriert (initdb fehlt )
> der start geht auch fail da 'invoke-rc' kein fake Skript ist
About which kind of start are you talking here - during the installation or the
start after the reboot? And in which sense is it failing to start?

> wenn ich nach der Fai Installation & reboot
>
>  #>debconf-set-selection  /debconf/POSTGRESQL
>
>  aufrufe und dann
>
> #>aptitude postgresql
>
>  ist die Installation ohne Interaktion mit 'initdb' ausgeführt worden.
> hat jemand eine Ahnung wie es sonst geht könnte ?

I don't know anything about postgresql, so my question might be somewhat
mistaken, but what is initdb about - is it the initialisation of the storage?
Furthermore, you might want to find out where initdb is initialised (normally)
and have a look at the script, it might tell you a lot more.

Regards,