Using fai-chboot

Carl J. Van Arsdall cvanarsdall at mvista.com
Mon Oct 23 20:31:03 CEST 2006

Is it possible to set the fai action as well as specify the nfs root on
the same command line?

For example:
fai-chboot -Iv vmlinuz-install /srv/fai/nfsroot_i386 node-30

The problem is, following the -I the script expects a hostname, however,
at least according to the man page, the only way to specify a kernel and
nfsroot is to lay the command out like:

Is this isn't already done, has anyone considering changing fai-chboot
to take nfsroot and kernel using options?

Ex:
fai-chboot -Iv -kernel <vmlinux-install> -nfs <nfsroot> <hostname>

If there are no objections, I'd be happy to work on a patch for this
kind of functionality, it could be useful (at least it seems to be in my
case).  Thoughts?  Ideas?

-carl

--

Carl J. Van Arsdall