FAI 3.0 released

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Thu Oct 5 09:11:46 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 16:11, Thomas Lange wrote:
> [...] I'm very glad to announce FAI 3.0.

> Currently my major wishlist bug is "A couple of days without FAI".

No problem, you can answer this email next week (or somebody else can) :-)

Looking at the massive changes:  Is there any hope of updating clients from
fai 2.10.5 to fai 3.0 with a "fai softupdate"?  I imagine the Debian side
should mostly work (as described in another thread, I'm using X, libc, KDE,
udev/dbus/hal, oo.org etc. from etch already, so there is not that much
left), but I'm not sure about how fai will react.

No hurry, timeframe is probably Feb/Mar/Apr.  Not having to reinstall our
machines would be great, because some machines have to be reloacated for
reinstalls (no net boot at some locations.)

cheers
-- vbi

--
Protect your privacy - encrypt your email: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro