FAI3 / mdadm

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Wed Oct 4 15:15:42 CEST 2006

On 10/4/06, Frederik Wagner <frederik.wagner at physik.lmu.de> wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I'm trying to set up an FAI3 etch installation on a sarge machine (both
> amd64).

In case you are trying to create an etch nfsroot here, I can propose
another solution, or at least a workaound. With the strategies
described in the wiki as fai-multi-distribution and the base system
build tools that can be found in subversion
peopler/lazyboy/fai-distribution you can also quite easily install
etch from a sarge server.

I did not port that to fai3, but either you can just use plain fai
2.10.5, or you do the necessary steps to port it - should be only some
variable renamings.

If you are interested, I can give you some more help, as the newest
versions of fai-distributions aren't well documented.

Henning