FAI3 / mdadm

Frederik Wagner frederik.wagner at physik.lmu.de
Wed Oct 4 12:00:19 CEST 2006

On 10/04/06 09:34, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
>>Hi *,
>>

> I've seen these errors here as well, but didn't find the time to debug them (and
> didn't care about mdadm at all). Could you please try to do this? Would be very
> nice to know the reason of this problem.

sure, as soon our FAI server is up again, just crashed with an ugly xfs
error which we recently see on a lot of amd64 systems :-(

> Some hints:
>
> Try
>
> chroot $NFSROOT
> apt-get -f install
>
> Does it then try to reinstall mdadm? Does it ask any questions? If that doesn't

I already tried it and it didn't work (as soon I get into the
installation again, I'll send you the output)

> work, please insert a "set -vx" in the second line of
> $NFSROOT/var/lib/dpkg/info/mdadm.postinst and retry the apt-get -f install

as far as I remember (I tried a bit of debugging myself) it was already
the sourcing in mdadm.postinst:
  . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
which gave problems and in confmodule the line 14:
  exec /usr/share/debconf/frontend $0 "$@"
gave a nonzero exit code

but as i said, I'll send the details, when our server is up again

Frederik!