FAI3 / mdadm

Gebhardt Thomas gebhardt at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Wed Oct 4 10:52:12 CEST 2006

> I'm wondering if this error is etch or FAI3 related? To me it seems
> strange that the nfsroot is building fine, but the installation goes wrong.

this error is most likely related to debian bug #389821. It seems that
mdadm does not cleanly install in a chroot environment.

I got that error in nfsroot, too. It showed up when I tried to update
the nfsroot image; as far as I can see, the error was just ignored during
the building process.

mdadm + udev + chroot seems to be a bit tricky. I'm just trying to get
it work with FAI3 and the setup_harddisks patch of Sam Vilain. If
anybody already succeeded, I'd be glad to hear from you :-)

Cheers, Thomas