FAI3 / mdadm

Frederik Wagner frederik.wagner at physik.lmu.de
Wed Oct 4 09:09:14 CEST 2006

Hi *,

I'm trying to set up an FAI3 etch installation on a sarge machine (both
amd64).
I have a strangeness concerning the installation of the mdadm package
(I'm installing on a raid1 which is working fine under fai2.10.5/sarge):
Building the nfsroot (using debootstrap 0.3.3) everything works out
fine, but during the installation of a new machine the mdadm package
won't finish installing with the error:
---
Setting up mdadm (2.5.3.git200608202239-6) ...
dpkg: error processing mdadm (--configure):
---
I'm wondering if this error is etch or FAI3 related? To me it seems
strange that the nfsroot is building fine, but the installation goes wrong.

Thanks for any help,
	Frederik!