Maintaining Xen with FAI - Questions

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Nov 30 14:08:22 CET 2006

On 11/29/06, Michael Tautschnig <tautschn at model.in.tum.de> wrote:
>[...]
> > already NFS support built into my domU-kernel. But what else do i
> > need to be ready to use fai with xen?
> >
> Network, disk, NFS should be about it...

and IP PNP, in case the installserver address and ip should come via
dhcp as usually with FAI.
Debian Xen kernels lack all these AFAIK.

I think, You also want to use ide disk in the DomU,  as there are some
conflicts between nfs root and the scsi driver, if I remember
correctly - I had that problem and there where mails about this on
this list and on xen-users some months ago... but I am not really sure
anymore and too lazy to look it up now.

Henning