config directory doesn't mount and ssh problem

wtautz wtautz at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 29 18:30:16 CET 2006

Hi, My pxe booted client does NOT mount  the config directory
/srv/fai/config.
 I can login to the client and manually do it successfully.
The setup I'm using is syslinux. The dhcp broadcast takes about a
minute to complete successfully...something about the broadcast going
through the switch, I.e., I not directly on the local subnet but connected
via some VLAN magic setup of port configuration. Perhaps this accounts
for why the config directory isn't being mounted? I.e., timeout problems

 Auto logins to install server don't work because ssh keeps asking:
authenticity of host can't be established...presumably because there
is mismatch between the keys in installserver:/etc/ssh and those
installed by fai-setup into /home/fai?

pxelinux.cfg/default has:
label fai-sysinfo
        kernel fai/vmlinuz-install
        append ip=dhcp FAI_CONFIG_SRC=nfs://192.168.1.1/srv/fai/config
FAI_ACTION=sysinfo root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.1:/srv
/fai/nfsroot,v3,tcp,rsize=32768,wsize=32768 FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt

Yes, the append line is one line :-)

walter