Problem with setup_harddisks

fcm2 at alu.um.es fcm2 at alu.um.es
Mon Nov 27 12:48:48 CET 2006

Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.Uni-Koeln.DE> escribió:

>    > /dev/hda: no such file or directory
>    > [...]
>    > setup_harddisks did not create /tmp/fai/disk_var.sh
>
>    > In my nfsroot don't exist /dev/hda, but I don't know how to do..
> Which version of FAI are you using? Are you installing sarge or etch?
> Search thin mailing list. There are some mails concerning the udev
> setup using different FAI versions.
>
> --
> regards Thomas

I'm using FAI 2.10.5, and I'm installing sarge. But I don't find the
way to make it works. My kernel is
linux-image-2.6.17-fai-kernels_1_amd64.deb.

When it's checking hard disks, I read something like

IDE0: ATAPI 24x CDROM
IDE1: The interface is obsolete, will be removing soon

why? the IDE's cables can be wrong? Ufffff!!
Thank you
Fernando