setting up nfsroot on server whose ubuntu release differs from server's release doesn't work...

Thu Nov 23 15:32:03 CET 2006

    > maybe you should look into cdebootstrap, it doesnt require a static list of
    > packages...
Sure it needs a static list of packages.
/usr/share/cdebootstrap/sid/packages

Also debootstrap calculates parts of its package list dynamically, so
both are using a static list and calculate other packages by using
package dependencies.

cdebootstrap does not support the --exclude flag :-(

debootstrap => Architecture: all
cdebootstrap is a compiled programm :-( which depends on several
libdebian-installer.. packages. I do not like this.