And a question about writing scripts

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Thu Nov 16 23:46:50 CET 2006

> Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> >[...]
> >
> >>Now to my problem.  I use a couple classes for scripts, DEFAULT,
> >>FAIBASE, I386.  In two of my directories not all scripts are being
> >>executed.  In the default directory it executes 10, 11 and 20, but not
> >>12.  In my I386 directory it executes 22 but not 23.  Below are the
> >>contents of these directories, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
> >>Is there more to this step than just a numbering scheme?
> >>

> >[...]
> >
> >Have you checked that all of the scripts have proper permissions, i.e.,
> >are they
> >readable and executable?
> >
> I sure have.  Everything looks pretty good from the outside.  Here's my
> listing:

[...] (looks good)

Could you provide an ls -lR scripts/ ? Just to have another quick look at all
your scripts. Are you using NFS to access the config space?

> Is there a way to get a more verbose output from fai-do-scripts to help
> trouble shoot the error?

I guess doing an
export debug=1
somewhere, e.g., in class/DEFAULT.var should give you quite a lot of debug
information.

HTH,
Michael

PS.: If you prefer more of an instant messaging way of help just join #fai on
irc.oftc.net