And a question about writing scripts

Carl J. Van Arsdall cvanarsdall at mvista.com
Thu Nov 16 21:56:34 CET 2006

Hey, thanks for everyone's patience with me on this list, I've had a lot
of questions and you've all been very helpful.  I'm just about done with
my FAI setup, but i'm having an issue with the scripts.  I have a series
of bash scripts I wish to run.

 From what I understood, I could label them

10-script.sh
11-script.sh
12-script.sh

and so on and so forth.  And as I understand it, this is done per class, so

DEFAULT would execute 10-13
FAIBASE would execute 10-13
I386 would execute 10-13

Or whatever the numbers were (i'm just trying to illustrate my
understanding, please correct me if i'm wrong).

Now to my problem.  I use a couple classes for scripts, DEFAULT,
FAIBASE, I386.  In two of my directories not all scripts are being
executed.  In the default directory it executes 10, 11 and 20, but not
12.  In my I386 directory it executes 22 but not 23.  Below are the
contents of these directories, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Is there more to this step than just a numbering scheme?

DEFAULT:
10-grab_ssh_host_keys.sh
11-openssh_setup.sh
12-enable_sudo.sh