fai-cd grub menu...

Wed Nov 15 22:26:27 CET 2006

    > support. We can now flatline install on either IDE or SATA hard drives
    > as long as the operator has a keyboard & display connected to choose
    > the proper grub entry.  It will also do unattended reboots on systems

    > with SATA drives. However, with IDE drives, it requires a
    > display/keyboard and operator intervention.
Why do you need a keyboard when using an IDE drive? Maybe you are
using an old FAI version.

Newer FAI versions support a disk_config configuration using
the disk name disk1 instead of hda or sda. Then the FAI installation
will choose the correct device name. Maybe this solves your problems.

    > entries) IDE drives. But not with the same CD.
Should be possible using a newer setup_harddisks version.