fai softupdate

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Tue May 23 09:04:24 CEST 2006

> Hi,
>
> did anyone see the same errormessage then me:
>
> when you start fai softupdate on the installation client, in task_defclass it
> failes with
>
> can't find /var/log/fai/FAI_CLASSES
>
> (or similar text). I can be wrong, but on my system FAI_CLASSES is
> in /var/log/fai/current/.

Please ignore my previous message, except for the -N workaround.

Actually the use of $LOGDIR in defclass is fine, the bug must be somewhere else.
Please check your installation log for errors during task_savelog, unless you
are using a hook for savelog which makes FAI skip the task completely. In the
latter case the bug would be found: FAI_CLASSES is copied in task_savelog ...

Regards,