network interfaces exchanged

Michael Gellman michael at gellman.cc
Fri May 19 11:06:14 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 10:49 +0200, Andreas Sindermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> during the fai-installation the nfsroot-kernel sees the two network
> interfaces eth0 and eth1 in a different order than the kernel used
> during normal operation. The effect is that when booting from harddisk
> no network is available. How does one care about this usually?

What kernel version are you running during the install and afterwards? I
had a similar problem where I was using a 2.4 kernel for installation,
and 2.6 for production. Synchronizing the two made sure I didn't have
any swapping issues.

However, I've customized my FAI setup maybe more than most, so YMMV for
changing the install kernel.

Intelligent Systems & Networks Group
Dept of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Imperial College London
London SW7 2BT