AW: Re: running fai from rescue system

David Hausheer hausheer at ifi.unizh.ch
Thu May 18 11:41:32 CEST 2006

You can boot the rescue system and install new packages. But these
changes will only apply locally as the rescue root partition is a
ramdisk, not mounted over NFS, AFAIK.

As this is a Hetzner-related question, you may want to check the Hetzner
forum at http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Hetzner_Rescue-System for
further infos.

Regards
David

Thomas Memenga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> but i think it is possible to install additional software via apt-get.
> Is there a way to get fai to perform the installation ?
>
> regards,
>
> Thomas

| David Hausheer, Dr. sc. techn. ETH                        |
| Department of Informatics (IFI), University of Zurich     |
| Postal Address: Binzmühlestrasse 14, CH-8050 Zurich       |
| Phone:  +41-44-635-4372 | Skype:        callto://hausheer |
| Fax:    +41-44-635-6809 | E-Mail:   hausheer at ifi.unizh.ch |
| Mobile: +41-79-336-4076 | Web: http://hausheer.osola.com/ |