Mounting the NFS rootfs over PCMCIA cards

Andreas Klein aklein at online.ms
Tue May 9 18:26:32 CEST 2006

Hello

I use for fai two bootdisk with lilo one for the kernel (a standard
debian 2.6.8) and one for the initial ramdisk. This works fine with my
pci network cards (I use this as a backup if the dhcp server is down).
Use the Parameter "load_ramdisk=1" to let it wait for the second disk.
mkinitramfs shoud do as a creator for the initrd (it is available in
debian testing). mkinitramfs uses busybox and this can do the dhcp and
the pivot-root. A one disk solution will properly not work with kernel
2.6 but with 2.4 you may have a chance.

Andreas Klein