client machine

Andre Kaminski kaminski at tecpar.br
Fri May 5 13:37:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

  I'm from Brazil (sorry for my english) and I'm using FAI 2.10
  I'm having a problem with the boot of the client machine...
  It's the dmesg.

Activating swap.
modprobe: modprobe: cannot create /var/log/ksymoops/20060503.log Read-only
file system
modprobe: modprobe: cannot create /var/log/ksymoops/20060503.log Read-only
file system
Checking root file system...
fsck 1.37 (21-Mar-2005)
fsck.ext3: No such device or address while trying to open /dev/shm/root
Possibly non-existent or swap device?

fsck failed. Please repair manually and reboot. Please note
that the root file system is currently mounted read-only. To
remount it read-write:

  # mount -n -o remount,rw /

CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and REBOOT the system.

Press enter for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue):

   So... what can be it? The nfsroot is mounted.

Thanks a lot!!!

André Kaminski

Instituto de Tecnologia do Paraná
kaminski at tecpar.br