Grub and XFS Problem during installation with FAI

Ralf Matulat ralf at laosnet.de
Sun Mar 26 20:07:34 CEST 2006

Hello,
Thomas Lange schrieb:

> I'm pretty sure that you have this text (or similar) in shell.log or
> have a look at bug #246111.

> =====   shell: GRUB/10-setup   =====
> fcopy: copied /fai/files/boot/grub/menu.lst/GRUB to /tmp/target/boot/grub/menu.lst
> Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time.
> Due to a bug in xfs_freeze, the following command might produce a segmentation
> fault when /tmp/target/boot/grub is not in an XFS filesystem. This error is harmless and
> can be ignored.
> xfs_freeze: specified file ["/tmp/target/boot/grub"] is not on an XFS filesystem

Thats the error I get using xfs on / (without /boot with ext2/3).
Maybe I missed something, but where do I find bug #246111? Bugtracker or..?
I solved it for me with a /boot partition using ext3 and setting the
boot flag for /boot.
Thank you!
Regards
Ralf

P.S.: Firefox = no 'reply to mailinglist' ? Hmm, we'll see.