Best way to install backports with FAI

David Riddle driddle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 14:26:16 CET 2006

Thomas,

I tried the package/testing suggestion unfortunately I am having some
problems with it. I created a package config file called XORG with the
following relevant contents:

PACKAGES install
x-window-system-core/sarge-backports

Now I tired running "fai-mirror -a /srv/export/mirror" but I received
the following error message:

> WARNING: These unknown packages are removed from the installation list:
> x-window-system-core/sarge-backports

I also tried changing "PACKAGES install" to "PACKAGES aptitude" but I
received the following error message:

> x-window-system-core: Depends: xserver-xorg but it is not installable
> ERROR: 65280 65280

I added "xserver-xorg/sarge-backports" to the XORG file and ran
fai-mirror. Unfortunately, it lists more missing dependencies so I
added them as well. I continued this process until I found and added
all the dependencies to the package config file. After I did that
everything seemed to work but I had to add 24 packages to the package
config file XORG.

Now with the script I was using I did not need to manually install all
24 dependencies. So am I doing something wrong? Is their an easier
way? Is their a way to pass the -t option to apt-get via the package
config files?

David Riddle
driddle at gmail.com