udev in nfsroot

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 20:20:13 CET 2006

hi,

I'm using FAI 2.9.1 on a ubuntu dapper server for installing dapper
clients. I use fai-kernels-1.10 (kernel 2.6.14). Now it works but I have
a bug to report:

On the nfsroot /dev/hda* are not created. I think it is normal because
those block devices are created automatically by udev when hardware is
present. But udev doesn't do his job on when booting the install client,
so I had to created the device by had (mknod).

I don't know if it is an ubuntu specific bug.