fai-chboot -c annoyance?

Andreas Sindermann sinder at thp.Uni-Koeln.DE
Wed Jun 28 11:39:10 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'd like to suggest a slight change in the behaviour of
'fai-chboot -c' which I'm using to change quickly between several
system setups (Ubuntu 5.04 and Ubuntu 6.06).

After an installation the pxe boot profile
/boot/fai/pxelinux.cfg/865F439C is renamed to 865F439C.disable so that
the installed client can boot from it's freshly installed hard disk.

'fai-chboot -c' first checks whether such a .disable file exists
and gives an error message instead of simply copying the template
file:

root at ls1:~# fai-chboot -ec ubuntu l36
Config for l36 is currently disabled. Copying aborted.

This is somewhat annoying because I don't mind whether it was disabled
due to an old installation (which might have been performed even half
a year ago or whenever).

So I suggest to remove the checking of .disable files because one
wants to create a new profile anyway. It might be even a better idea
to remove the old .disable file automatically.

Thanks for listening...
Andreas