Semi-Automatic Installation?

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Wed Jun 14 11:34:15 CEST 2006

On 6/14/06, Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> [...]
> GOsa (https://gosa.gonicus.de/) does this
> with an LDAP backend. But it stores ALL FAI information (even hooks
> and scripts and disk_config,...) in LDAP schemes and receives this
> data before task_defclass.

And nobody apart fro gonicus seems to ever made it work - when I asked
here I didn't get _one_ positive reply, only one who had the same
experience as myself - some hours of tinkering, no docs, no useful
result - nu further time to invest.

I am not sure if we should recommend this to the FAI users until it's
better documented and tested by somebody else apart from the people
getting paid for developing it themselves.

(this is also a hint for the gosa developers, if here is any - if you
want your tool to be used, there's some doc needed. ATM it's not even
documented on teh gosa site that it supports FAI and that, what I
found out, the only version with FAI support is in svn, not released
yet)

Henning