boot parameters not set correctly ( bug in get-boot-info ?)

Mon Jun 12 11:42:46 CEST 2006

    > In my case, when I have with ip=eth1:dhcp in my pxeconfig file for that
    > host, it always executed the get_fixed_info subroutine.

    > This is because dmesg contains the following string.
    >    Sending DHCP and RARP requests ., OK
I think you are not using the default fai-kernel. Your kernel seems to
have the CONFIG_IP_PNP_RARP set, which is not enablerd in the
fai-kernels.

    > I'm booting my install with a 2.6.16.20 kernel.  For AMD64.  I'm trying
    > to install sarge 64 bit.
Please try the default kernel from fai-kernels. Are there any drivers
missing in this kernel?