aptitude warning during installation

Toni Mueller support-fai at oeko.net
Mon Jun 12 10:16:08 CEST 2006

Hello,

On Thu, 08.06.2006 at 16:29:01 +0200, Toni Mueller <support-fai at oeko.net> wrote:
> Thanks for putting this up. I'm currently trying to heed this advice,
> but currently fail because the suggested method does not install a
> keyserver URI. Thus, retrieving the key does not work as advertised (I
> have other gnupg installations where I manually configured it, just
> that the default install of gnupg doesn't seem to have one).

in the meantime I discovered that the specified key has expired, but
despite my putting in all keys from ftpmaster at debian.org, aptitude
keeps asking the questions and thus refuses to install. I looked it up
in the source code and found that aptitude is called with '-y', but
that does apparently not supress the signing question. I had to go back
to 'install'.

Maybe someone can explain the benefits of using aptitude over apt-get,
please?

Best,
--Toni++