fai and 64 bit

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Thu Jun 8 11:46:50 CEST 2006

[...]
> >What about this thread:
> >http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/01/msg00129.html
>
> The thread suggests:
>
> - ... another module was necessary (System V IPC in my case) ...
> - Kernel support for ELF binaries
> - IA32 bit emulation
> => are all compiled in my kernel
>
> If I install that kernel on an other 64 bit system, it boots fine.  Only
> when it's installed in the FAI nfsroot it doesn't work.

In some other threads I found
- incorrect binformat. (i.e. you try to load a module which was compiled
for a different architecture).  (http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2005-October/016713.html)
- what about your modprobe format, i.e. what does file modprobe report in your
  nfsroot vs. file modprobe on the native 64bit system?

Do you really have a 64bit nfsroot or are you using your 32bit nfsroot?

Regards,
Michael

PS.: What about an older kernel?