cfengine error during fai-based install

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Wed Jun 7 21:44:24 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

AFAIK nobody has replied to your post to date - sorry...

> i a newbie in debian, fai and cfengine (formely suse, without wonderful fai and cfengine) and need now some hint to resolve this problem.

[...]
> Whats wrong ???
>
> Install anyone cfengine2 with fai? the pre or post config-script gets an sed-editor error and the debconf settings will not correct apply.

If got no idea about cfengine2, but it should AFAIK work. However, personally I'd suggest
you simply use sed/perl instead of cfengine...

But back to your question: Are you sure, squid has been installed and configured
completely before your cfengine script is run for the first time? Note, that
/etc/squid/squid.conf is copied by squid's postinst script and thus it might
have been completely missing upon the first attempt to run cfengine!?

Just a wild guess,